I don't know about you, but I had never used a glass straw before. I do like straws to drink out of though, but always thought them wasteful. They come in those plastic bags filled with 50 or more. I've never used them that much! They just sit in the bottom of my drawer. Forgotten. Lonely. Best friends with my dishtowels. :)
Glass Dharma solved the problem! David Leonhardt, glass-blower and owner of Glass Dharma. He observed how wasteful the plastic straws are. I mean, think how many restaurants give out a straw with each combo. That alone is enormously wasteful! He had a solution that you could use at home...
(more after the jump)
Here are some stats about glass straws:
- They don't leach toxins into your food, especially as straws in hot drinks do.
- Made with the strongest glass currently available
- Put through a process that strengthens the glass even more!
- Leaches *no* toxins into food
- Beautifully made
- Handmade in the U.S.A. (you know how I love supporting U.S. businesses!)
Visit their website HERE to purchase
Check out their Facebook
Follow their Twitter
Find them on their Blog
Glass Dharma has offered one lucky reader a $25 gift certificate to their website to purchase whichever straws/cleaners they choose!
**I was provided products but was not monetarily compensated. All views are expressly my own!**
a Rafflecopter giveaway